Sunday, March 16, 2008

When there is a will, there is a way to true love

Our story was years in the making...

We met the first time six years ago. We spotted each other across a patio full of people. We flirted, exchanged names... it ended there. The next week, he called every name in the book under my last name until he found me. The crazy thing was, I was at my mother's house - she stepped out so I answered her phone. It was him. Although I was flattered that he went to so much trouble to find me, I didn't accept his offer. My father was dying of cancer and I just didn't have the heart to date anyone.

A few months later, after my father died, my mother and I were trying to decide where to eat lunch. We stopped at a local restaurant, Spankey's. It was a random choice as we don't usually eat there. I walked in and there he was. Again, we flirted shamelessly across the restaurant. He left this time without getting my number.

A few months later we actually met again in a bar. We dated for a few months and broke up over a misunderstanding. We were apart for two years.

A year ago we got back together after running into each other at yet another random place. A few months after we were back together I found a diary from years back, and one of my goals from years ago was to meet the guy I saw at Spankey's. I guess I was asking for him all these years.

By Erin from Texas

0 comments: